Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Refinement




I will put this third through the fire; I will refine them as silver is refined and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say: They are My people, and they will say: The LORD is our God."  (Zechariah 13: 9, HCSB).


He never said the refinement process would be easy. Just the same, I shudder at facing it. I know that it’s for my best. I know that I will be better for it. Just the same, I shy away at the sign of discomfort, of pain. I step back when I see that this life lesson will hurt. Because I don’t like hurting. I’d rather live in a world without hurt and pain and loneliness. But I don ‘t. The realities of this world are hard to stomach at times. Just this morning I heard of some awful things on the radio. It was hard for me to believe that a woman could be treated like that. But she was. This world is filled with muck and grime, muck that our Savior wants to wash us free from. In order to do this, we have to give Him free reign. We have to give him control, so that He can work and move and slowly make us into something more beautiful than we can imagine. When given the choice, I would honestly take the ultimate beauty over the worldly muck, even if I do have to face trials and tribulations in the process. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment