Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Love is... not rude

1 Cor. 13:5 “It is not rude”

It's hard to believe that seven months have passed since I married the love of my life. Overall they have been months of newlywed bliss. On most days life seems perfect. I can say that we really are one of those almost sickly happy couples.
At the same time, we are anything from perfect. When we're tired and cross, the less than beautiful sides of our personalities come out. When we're both tired, we become sharp with each other. And so tempers flair, things are not thought through, and we are out to deliberately hurt each other. We're discourteous, self-serving, and hurtful all rolled in one. We are rude instead of loving. These are the moments when I sometimes need to take stock and consider how I'm treating this most important person in my life.
Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 13:5 that love is "not rude." Instead, it's considerate and makes rooms for faults on those not-so-perfect days. This is an area I need to improve on, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment